Swedish Relaxation Massage $30/30 min $60/60 min $90/90 min
Swedish massage is the style that comes to mind when most people think
about massage. It was developed in Stockholm a couple of centuries ago
and is the most common and best-known type form of bodywork performed
Swedish Massage is a system of long strokes, kneading, friction,
tapping, percussion, vibration and shaking motions that apply pressure
between muscles and bones, rubbing in the same direction as the flow of
blood returning to the heart. Swedish Massage feels good, is relaxing
The main purpose of Swedish Massage is to increase the oxygen flow in
the blood and release toxins from the muscles. Some other benefits
include shortening recovery time from muscular strain, increased
circulation without increased heart load, stretching of ligaments and
tendons, skin stimulation and soothing of the nervous system. It
reduces stress, both emotional and physical, and is suggested as part
of a regular program for stress management.
The sequence of techniques usually used in a session of Swedish Massage are:
- Effleurage: gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Petrissage: kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Friction: circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Vibration: oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body.
- Percussion: brisk hacking or tapping.
- Passive and Active Movements: bending and stretching.